Who is eligible to nominate?
Active, Public Agency and Life Members are eligible to make nominations. Check your membership card or online profile
to find your membership type.
How do I nominate?
You can nominate a qualified person for the office of President-Elect by completing the following actions:
- Contact the candidate and receive his/her agreement to have his/her name and qualifications submitted as a nominee.
- Receive candidate’s agreement to submit his/her qualifications (see list below) and information to the Executive Director by February 6, 2023.
- Person nominating should send an email to the Executive Director that contains the following:
- Person making the nomination – name, IMSA member ID, day phone and e-mail address.
- Candidate’s contact information (name, preferred mailing address, email, day phone).
- A statement indicating you have spoken with the candidate and the candidate’s willingness to serve.
- The candidate’s agreement to submit qualifications and information required by February 6, 2023
- A statement as to why you believe this candidate is qualified to become President–Elect of IMSA.
All candidates must submit the following to the IMSA Executive Director before the nomination deadline:
- A statement, signed by the candidate, affirming that they have the ability, time, resources and assistance necessary to properly perform the duties of an elected office of the Association, including the office of President-Elect; and that to the best of their knowledge, should they be elected, their status as an Active or Public Agency Member, as defined in the By-Laws, shall continue through a term of any office to which they may be elected.
- A brief resume of their personal, professional and educational background.
- A letter from the candidate’s employer indicating level of support for this office.